You are about to be redirected to LittleMorganPeople.com

in 5 seconds

Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Three year old wisdom

My children give me insight into my soul.

What's that? What do you mean a statement like that requires an explanation? Sigh. Oh fine, I'll indulge you.

I often ask Graysen to be her brother's keeper, and she rarely disappoints. She follows him around expectantly, eagerly waiting to be able to call him out on his wrongdoings.

So this afternoon as I was reluctantly happily making dinner, I called out to Graysen asking if Noah was being a bad boy. Her reply? "No, he's happy."

Curious response. So curious in fact, that I thought about it a lot of the afternoon.(Okay, I'm a stay at home mom...How much do I really have to do? Oh, bug off...) Anyway, I think my insightful little sprite is onto something that some adults haven't figured out.

She realizes that obedience brings happiness and disobedience brings sorrow. Poignant for a three year old... Is this epiphany material? Probably not. Is it stunningly convicting? I think so.

So I've already confessed in my previous blog that I haven't been a very good girl as of late. Well, I haven't been a very happy girl as of late either. And forgive me if I sound like a clincher in a Nicholas Sparks novel, but I'm convicted that the reason for my recent peril is my ineffectual dwelling upon the failures of the people around me to meet my needs.

Well... are their needs being met? I can't remember the last time I asked myself that question. I think... sometimes we have to give to receive...(I know, I just gagged too.)

But seriously, I am not serving the needs of my family. And more importantly, I am not being obedient to the Father. My disobedience has chained me to my sorrow, and instead of worrying about the chain, I bark and howl at everyone around me. I am not rejoicing in the Lord always, nor am I looking after the interest of others. I am just worried about how they are not fixing me.

I am happiest when I get what I want am being obedient to my Creator. I must have the attention span of a goldfish to have to remind myself of that so often...but what joy comes from remembering that my Savior was perfectly obedient! He suffered my death because He knew I couldn't do it. Wow. Hallelujah, what a Savior.

"To see the Law by Christ fulfilled,
To hear His pardoning voice,
Changes a slave into a child
And duty into choice."


I promise my next entry will be light and fun and not at all thought provoking. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment