You are about to be redirected to LittleMorganPeople.com

in 5 seconds

Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

The Death of P.B.


Today, we lost our beloved "pink blanket".

"Pink blanket" has been with us for over 4 years now. And today, I killed it.

I did something dumb and left a casserole dish on the stovetop. I then turned on an eye thinking I was going to boil some bottles.

Well, I guess I turned on the wrong one, because 5 minutes later we all hit the deck when we heard what sounded like a gunshot in the kitchen.

Glass everywhere.

And as I looked around at my glass covered kitchen, I saw it. "Pink blanket."

Lying there, covered in molten glass and biscuit. So. Sad.

I cried and sucked my thumb for thirty minutes before I could
compose myself enough to tell Graysen, my daughter.

If your kids have blankets, you know, it is not just a blanket.

As my husband sensitively put it, "It's like you killed the family pet."

Thanks.

But I told her. We cried. We said our goodbyes. We ceremon
iously put it in the trash can. Then we immediately looked online to find a new "Pink Blanket".

After we had found one, Graysen looked at me and said, "Mom, I need three things to make me feel better...First, I need to talk about what happened. Then, I need a new pink blanket. And then, I need hot tea."

The girl grieves the same way I do: Talk/process, shop, drink warm beverage...repeat process until warm and fuzzy.

We're picking up the car from dad over his lunch break. I'm taking the girl shopping.

We'll probably stop by Starbucks on the way home...for her sake.

Goodbye, beloved P.B. You served us well.
Pin It

1 comment: