You are about to be redirected to LittleMorganPeople.com

in 5 seconds

Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

True Love


This past weekend, my husband and I went to the movies.

We never go out, so for us this was a major treat!

So we went to the movies, and we saw a chick-flick. Guess who got to pick the movie??

I won't say which movie, because that is not the point of this post, but I will say,

It was terrible.

It did well at the box office.

It was the most shallow, uncomplicated, unrealistic romance movie I have ever seen. The plot was boring and the character development was...well, there really wasn't any. They ( the people who wrote/produced the movie) are relying on the hope that most of the girls who bought tickets would be thoughless, love-hungry and very imaginative.

Which, proudly, I can say I'm only 1 out of those 3.

I sort of felt manipulated when I left. Like, I knew what they wanted me to do was go home and be dissatisfied that my man is not "that" man.

But really, which man is?

Tell you what real romance is...

Real romance, is my husband coming home at 5:00 (After I have had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad, sick day) today with a bouquet of cold medicine, OJ, fresh oranges and a grapefruit, chocolate, and a baked chicken for supper.




That, my friends, is romantic.

Could you write a whole movie around it?

Maybe not.

But it sure made my poor, tired heart skip a beat.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment