You are about to be redirected to LittleMorganPeople.com

in 5 seconds

Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Puddles and Pottys




If you get all wiggly and awkward when you read words like tee tee, or potty, or poo poo, then you should probably abort reading this post. :) It's not for you.

Which, by the way, I was just told by a new non-southern friend that the word, "tee-tee" is a southern word! In't that weird?? In fact, the way she said it was, "The other day, another lady- not from the south, asked me, 'have you heard them call it "tee-tee" yet'?"

I'm sorry if I just caused you to OD on quotation marks, but I thought that was funny. ha!

Anyway, on to the point of this post...

I'm potty-training my middle child!

And really, there's nothing like potty-training to set your nerves on edge, but keeping a good sense of humor during the process is important. *giggles frantically*

I actually didn't realize that I was on edge until I caught myself rushing to the bathroom in a tizzy after I realized that I needed to go tinkle. Oops, wrong person...

Ha ha. Oh yeah! That 30 second window is actually not as important when it's you that has to "Go"!

Whew. Sigh of relief.

There is something slightly sweet about it too though isn't there?

Potty training reminds me of this verse,

1For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:

2 a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.


Wise words. This is so true isn't it? Our lives are just a sequence of seasons. Good seasons, bad seasons, hard seasons, joyful seasons, seasons of learning, seasons of forgetting, seasons of healing, seasons of peacemaking, seasons of resting.

Knowing this sort of makes me sad for the seasons that have already come and gone...while at the same time, I'm happily anticipating other seasons yet to come.

But it definitely takes some of the stress OUT of potty-training, doesn't it? And in a strange way, it makes you want to stop and savor the cute, little puddle next to the potty. Cause next season, it (probably) won't be there.









Pin It

2 comments:

  1. hahaha!! Well, at least you didn't say "hankering" in this post. Watch out, I'll be saying "teetee" with no hesitation in time. Just give me a few months. :)

    ReplyDelete