You are about to be redirected to LittleMorganPeople.com

in 5 seconds

Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

My little Provider...

My children have very loud personalities.

Or maybe they don't, and Brandon and I just see them as "loud".

Regardless, my son, Noah, is just coming into his personality.

And...well...he's kinda, I dunno....tribal?

He's like an aggressive, affectionate, tribal, alpha-male.

He isn't using words yet, which doesn't help.

He just walks around-half naked, because inevitably none of our children like clothes and we're too lazy to fight that battle, chest bowed out, grunting at inanimate objects in and around our house.

When he wants food, he violently pushes me to the kitchen and grunts at the refrigerator.

-Maybe that's just the example that's been set by dad. Maybe that's just because boys are different from girls...

When he is finished eating, he pushes his food away with a loud "ugh" and shake of his head.

Again...example? Again...boys?

Anyway, so yesterday he comes up to me-naked, chest bowed, and holds out his chubby little hand in an offertory sort of way...

I look up from facebook my copy of War and Peace and see him glaring at me intently, waiting for me to accept his love offering.

I move to sit in front of him and look into his sweet little face.

His eyebrows are furrowed with seriousness. He grunts at me again...

I peel back his fingers and accept my gift...which was...of a rubbery, spongy texture...sort of...brownish red?

While examining this unknown object, I realize he's chewing...

I...gave him cheerios...This...is...not a cheerio.

Gag.

Hmmm...He looks at his offering, then back at me...waiting...

"Um, buddy? Whatcha want?"

He grunts again...Obviously he wants...me...to eat this.

Never gonna happen, man. Never gonna happen.

I examine the..."object" again, hoping for his sake that it is food, when I realize with relief that it's a piece of a hotdog.

Sigh.

Panic.

We haven't had hotdogs... in days. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment