You are about to be redirected to LittleMorganPeople.com

in 5 seconds

Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Date weekend!


This weekend, my (sweet, wonderful, too-good-to-be-true) mother-in-law came to babysit the kids while my husband and I took an overnight DATE!

You jealous?

It was fantastic. It was fun. It was romantic.

We never get away, but in getting away, I realized how absolutely important it is to GET AWAY.

I love my chirrun, oh yes I do! But I'm so happy to have had the chance to take a weekend and fall in love with my husband. He is amazing. God blessed me with a wonderful man, with whom I fight, and laugh, and cry, and rarely, but sometimes...play and rest.

It was a weekend for both.

Want the picture complete run-down?




First, I ate the best hamburger of my life at Five Guys. No jokes, it was legit.





I thought you might be skeptical, so I took a picture of the bag just to prove it.






Then, we checked into our room at the Old Capital Inn. We stayed in the Mississippi Delta Room. Appropriate?





This is me, having my complimentary glass of wine at the Inn, enjoying the rooftop garden.




Brandon, always living on the edge.





Then, we ate at Babalu. Guacamole=win! (chicken tacos= also win)




Brandon seems to be enjoying himself, right? :)





If the above photo left any room for doubt, this one doesn't.





It is so rare to be able to sit under the stars (or smog of Jackson), wine in hand, with no children! So what did we do but sit around under the stars and...talk about our children.

It was a lovely night...that turned into a lovely morning.




And what is maybe the only thing that could
make me happier (first thing in the morning) than a fancy-shmancy breakfast- complete with cinnamon roll??




A fancy-shmancy cinnamon roll...and coffee.

But the real icing on the metaphorical cinnamon roll, was neither the cinnamon roll...nor the coffee.



But the owner of those sweet baby blues, staring up at me over His morning coffee, looking at me like I'm the prettiest thing he's ever seen, causing my heart to flutter.

In the word's of the famous poets, Salt 'n' Pepa,
"what a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man."

What a mighty good man.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment