You are about to be redirected to LittleMorganPeople.com

in 5 seconds

Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Homemade Guacamole Recipe


Confession: I used to hate Avocado until a few months ago.

It is now my happy place.

I wish I had a cool story to tell you about how it came to pass that I fell in love with Avocado, but like most good love stories, it just happened one day over a tortilla chip and a Dos Equis.

Anyway, I had no idea that homemade Guacamole was SO EASY to make until we went to this cool little hipster restaurant where they made it for us at our table!

So I tried it at home, and it was delicious! Fresh, salty, and delicious.

There are only 3 absolutely necessary ingredients:

Homemade Guacamole

Avocado (3)
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Lime Juice (to taste)

Cut the avocado down the middle and separate the halves. scoop out the seed.
(isn't the seed lovely? I wish it was edible.)
Scoop out all the gooey, green avocado filling into a bowl.
Take a whisk or a fork and smoosh it.
(To "smoosh": just mash it up real good)
Add lime juice to taste as well as salt and pepper.
Now, you can stop there, but if I were you, I would also add:

1/8 cup onion- finely diced
a pinch or two of fresh cilantro &
a handful sun dried tomato, diced

Now, mix it all up and stare at it for a few minutes.
Take a few pictures of it if you feel so compelled...it is beautiful, after all.
Then gobble it all up before anyone realizes you've made it.
Mmmmm...
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment