You are about to be redirected to LittleMorganPeople.com

in 5 seconds

Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Strawberries

This morning, I made strawberry and cream cheese pastries for breakfast. YUM!

I thought they were heavenly. Graysen, thought she'd rather have cereal.

I sat the kids up with their breakfast in front of the tv this morning so that I could do a Bible study in the dining room where it was somewhat quiet.

Not five minutes in, Graysen came in crying.

"Mommy, I just need to tell you that this thing has strawberries in it and I can't like strawberries."

I reply that strawberries are good for you and they make you big and strong (which is what she cheerily says about the desserts that she enjoys. hehe)

She then slowly starts to back out of the kitchen, barely holding it together. She tries to convince me one more time by saying, "Mommy, when I eat strawberries, my leg and my arm and my head and my back, uh my leg, uh, it don't work and it make me fall down!" She breaks down into a whiny cry at the end.

Obviously, my initial response was laughter, but i held it in and stared her down with fierce determination.

She slowly backed out of the dining room, making eye contact the entire time- her awkward little limbs bumping into things on the way out...

Then half way through the kitchen, she pauses--still looking me in the eyes, and she falls out flat on the floor. Flat on her back. Staring up at me with wily eyes. (must have been the strawberries...you know I have heard they've been known to make legs and other body parts stop working...)

I hold strong and continue the stare down, despite my desire to laugh. We go on like this for a good 60 seconds or so...

She (I guess) realizes that I have not been fooled, and stands up. She nervously and awkwardly looks around, and then scampers off like a wounded cat.

What...?

Eat strawberries with caution, and at your own risk this season.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. That is soooo funny. Kids come up with the craziest things. I don't think I could have held it together.

    ReplyDelete